Theia is poised to disrupt the way that reporting & analytics have traditionally been deployed. To accomplish this goal, Theia has an immediate need for a Junior Software Developers, who wants to be a part of something big and exciting. We’re looking for a motivated self-starter, who isn’t afraid to ask for assistance or to contribute ideas to the larger team. A passionate individual who is detail focused and takes pride in their work, and who gets a buzz off of knowing that what they design and develop will be used by thousands of customers that are changing how organizations consume analytics.
This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to break into the software industry, or who want to enhance their existing skill set by working with the latest technologies. Benefit from mentoring and coaching provided by seasoned software industry professionals.
What it takes to be a Software Engineer at Theia:
- Solid understanding of programming principles and best practices
- Strong coding skills in server side Java
- Good knowledge of, and experience with, SQL
- Strong problem solving skills and a strong foundation in how systems work
- Ability to design, develop and test new features and concepts throughout their life cycle
- Experience with Agile software development
- Good communicator, as software development is a team sport
Bonus points for :
- Comfortable in both Windows and UNIX environments
- Knowledge of BI and Analytics platforms like Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik Sense, SAP Business Objects, SAS, etc
- Hands-on experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with technologies like Spring, JPA/Hibernate, JMS, git, or Gradle
Theia is changing the way that organizations deploy and consume analytics. Organizations struggle with bringing all of their relevant data, visualizations, and contextual information together into a seamless environment for their users. Through the use of data storytelling, business users are provided with the missing information and insight required to make effective business decisions.
The Theia team is built on people who understand the value that data storytelling and data literacy provides. We are a community of people who work as hard as we play. We come from varied backgrounds and experiences and leverage those to create new experiences. We don’t just ‘show up’, we stand up for what we believe and for those values we care about. We give back to our communities and expect others to do the same, in their own unique way.
Theia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We offer a competitive salary, a casual workspace and great people to collaborate with. If this job sounds perfect for you, please apply.